Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Guacamole - Like a Boss




My husband is the ultimate internet, social media geek. He is always posting the latest meme and snorting about funny jokes that only he and other, pasty white males that work at universities understand.

ANYWAY -- I guess this meme is really ancient. Like SOO 27 seconds ago.  This "like a boss" thingy. But because he loves me - he let me in on the techie joke and even made me my very own "guacamole - like a boss" image.

This is his ultimate guacamole happiness place. I make guacamole (very plain - basically with avocados, a little lime, lots of salt) in a huge bowl - then make up this beautiful, divided platter of things you can add to the guacamole:

  • cut up purple onions
  • chopped cilantro
  • slices of jalapeno
  • wedges of lemons and limes
  • halved, baby grape tomatoes
  • green onions
  • canned, smoked chilis 
  • etc. etc. etc. 
Then you set out lots of little plates & bowls - and let people go to town making up their very own, custom guacamole. My husband says this is the ULTIMATE guacamole - the finest stuff, made your own dang way. 

He likes his with lime, cilantro and purple onions. 

So enjoy my friends -- mix up your own guac "like a boss"!! 

1 comment: