Saturday, September 29, 2012

Silence of the Lambs Guacamole



Lamb avocados are in season right now - late summer and early fall. The "Lamb" avocado is often very large and has an exceptionally firm flesh even when full of oil. It is related to the Hass avocado -- with a bumpy, black skin and a nutty flavor. It is an ideal avocado for making guacamole.

I use my Williams-Sonoma avocado cuber tool on my Lamb - as it has a thick wire mesh that cutes through the Lamb flesh very easily. (I wish I could sell this on www.AvocadoDiva.com - but it's an exclusive to them).

Here's the technique: cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Push the cuber into the avocado's flesh (see photo 2). Holding onto the avocado's skin-side, make a 90 degree twist of the tool - and the avocado comes loose in cubes!

It's easy to then dump the cubes out with a quick flick of the wrist and make quick work of the Lamb.

My "Silence of the Lambs" reference is of course, because this handy little tool looks a LOT like the scary mask that Hannibal Lector wears in the movie. So perhaps you can enjoy your Lamb guacamole with a nice chianti....




No comments:

Post a Comment